How do I?

Click on each question to reveal the answer.   If you have questions for this frequently asked questions page, send us a message.

Look up property deeds?

The County Clerk offers an online Document Inquiry.  Information is also available by visiting the Main Office and Vital Statistics at 100 East Washington Street, Charles Town 25414.

Register to vote?

Voter registration information is available on the County Clerk website. The voter registration office is located at 100 East Washington Street,  Charles Town, WV 25414.

View property tax information?

You can view this information online at

Find my lost pet or adopt a pet?

Contact the Jefferson County Animal Control Office.  The offices are located at 161 Poor Farm Road, Kearnesville WV and phone number is 304-728-3289.

Find domestic violence information?

The Jefferson County Victim Assistance Program was created as part of the Prosecutor's Office in 1998 to help ensure that victims of crime receive fair and compassionate treatment throughout the judicial process.   The phone number is 304-725-6550.

Find zoning regulations?

Visit the Planning and Zoning webpage, call 304-728-3228,  or visit the offices at 116 East Washington Street, Charles Town, WV 25414.

Apply for a construction permit?

The Engineering Department webpage contains information on the process for obtaining construction permits.  You can also visit the offices at 116 E. Washington Street, Suite 201 Charles Town, WV or by calling 304-728-3257.

Find County Government contact information?

Get County Commission agendas and minutes?

Every week agendas are posted in the Public Notices section of the website and also sent out to subscribers via the Email Alerts.   To sign up for the Email Alerts, visit  Agendas, minutes and webcasts are also  located in the Agendas, Minutes, and Webcasts section.

Contact a County Commissioner?

The County Commissioners always welcome the input of county residents.   The County Commission offices are located at 124 E. Washington Street, Charles Town, WV and the phone number is 304-728-3284.  You can also fill out the Contact Form to send messages to the Commissioners.

Obtain GIS data?

You can visit the GIS/Addressing wepage to learn how to obtain GIS data, contact the office at 304-724-6759, or visit the offices located at 116 E. Washington Street, Suite 201 Charles Town, WV.

Obtain copies of County Commission documents and audio or video materials?

You can contact the County Commission staff at 304-728-3284 with questions or visit the County Commission offices at 124 E. Washington Street, Charles Town, WV.

Apply for County jobs?

Open positions with the County Commission are posted in the Living Section of the website under Working for the County.