Permits & Licenses

Construction Permits
The Engineering Department webpage contains information on the process for obtaining construction permits.  You can also visit the offices at 116 E. Washington Street, Suite 201 Charles Town, WV or by calling the Building Permits at 304-725-2998.

Hunting and Fishing Licenses
Visit the County Clerk Main Office and Vital Statistics at 100 East Washington Street, Charles Town 25414 for applications and information.

Dog Licenses
WV Law requires the assessor to collect license fees on all dogs who are or who will be 6 months of age or older by June 30 of the following year. Dog Licenses must be renewed annually.  For more information about licenses, visit the Jefferson County Assessor's website.