Form 200 - Request for Exemption (Please contact the Impact Fee Coordinator prior to completing this form for instructions)
Impact Fee Annual Reports
Pursuant to the Jefferson County Impact Fees Procedures Ordinance, Section 6.A(1), "at least once every year not later than January 31st of each year, beginning in the year 2005, and prior to County Commission's adoption of the Annual Budget and Capital Improvements Program, the Impact Fee Coordinator or a designee chosen by the Impact Fee Coordinator shall coordinate the preparation and submission of an Annual Report to the County Executive and County Commission on the subject of impact fees."
The Impact Fees Procedures Ordinance, Section 6.A(3), goes on to state "the Impact Fee Coordinator or the Impact Fee Coordinator’s designee shall submit the Annual Report to the County Commission, who shall receive the Annual Report and which may take such actions as they deem appropriate, including, but not limited to, requesting additional data or analyses and holding public workshops and/or public hearings."
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2018
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2017
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2016
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2015
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2014
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2013
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2012
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2011
- Annual Report on Impact Fees - January 2010 - December 2010
- Annual Report on Impact Fees - January 2009 - December 2009
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2008
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2007
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2006
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2005
- Annual Report on Impact Fees 2004
- Impact Fee Report (2003)
Capital Improvement Plans
Pursuant to West Virginia State Code, Chapter 7, Article 20, Section 6 (§7-20-6) counties which have enabled impact fees shall maintain an Impact Fee Program Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). The requirement for a yearly Impact Fee Program Capital Improvement Plan, and the identification of Impact Fee Fundable projects, is outlined in Jefferson County Impact Fee Procedures Ordinance 2003-1 Section 3(C) et seq.
Only the projects listed on the CIP are eligible for funding by impact fees, either in whole or in part. Whether a project may be wholly or only partially funded depends upon whether the project is exclusively needed due to new growth or is only partially required due to conditions of new growth.
Some of the capital categories for each of the impact fee entities are shown as being overspent in the FY 2017 Capital Improvement Plan. This is based on the impact fee revenue percentage allocations that are determined from the recent 2015 level of service and impact fees recalculation study. Further impact fee expenditures under those capital categories are therefore being discontinued until receipt of future impact fee revenue brings the capital categories back into a positive balance. Moving forward, future spending in each of the capital categories will be limited to the funds available.
- FY2020 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2019 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2018 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2017 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2016 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2015 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2014 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2013 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2012 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2011 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2010 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2009 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY2008 Capital Improvement Plan
Generally, the County recalculates each of the 4 impact fees every 3 to 5 years. Recalculating an impact fee at this frequency ensures that the inventory of capital assets is updated, and that adjustments for replacement costs, changes in population or traffic generation are kept up to date.
In 2015 all 4 impact fees were recalculated.
Tischler-Bise conducted the updates to the fee studies for the areas of Schools, Law Enforcement, Parks & Recreation, and EMS. The County Commission set the fees at 70% of the calculated amount.
The following are the 2015 fee recalculations:
In order to view the forms properly, you may have to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.