YOU MUST WEAR A MASK TO ENTER THE BUILDING AND IT MUST BE KEPT ON WHILE YOU ARE IN THE BUILDING. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING IF THERE ARE MORE THAN TWO (2) PEOPLE IN THE LOBBY. KEEP AT LEAST SIX (6) FEET APART. IF YOU NEED TO GO TO PLANNING & ZONING OR GIS/ADDRESSING PLEASE CHECK IN AT THE PERMIT DESK BEFORE GOING UPSTAIRS.
DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS?
- FEVER (100.4 DEGREES F OR HIGHER) OR A SENSE OF A FEVER?
- NEW COUGH THAT YOU CANNOT ATTRIBUTE TO ANOTHER HEALTH CONDITION?
- NEW SHORTNESS OF BREATH THAT YOU CANNOT ATTRIBUTE TO ANOTHER HEALTH CONDITION?
- NEW SORE THROAT THAT YOU CANNOT ATTRIBUTE TO ANOTHER HEALTH CONDITION?
- NEW MUSCLE ACHES (MYALGIAS – JOINT PAIN) THAT YOU CANNOT ATTRIBUTE TO ANOTHER HEALTH CONDITION, OR THAT MAY HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY A SPECIFIC ACTIVITY (SUCH AS PHYSICAL EXERCISE)?
- NEW LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL?
- OTHER FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS THAT YOU CANNOT ATTRIBUTE TO ANOTHER HEALTH CONDITION?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE.
The office of Planning and Zoning is located on the 2nd Floor of the Mason Building
116 East Washington Street in Charles Town, W.V.
The mission of the Office of Planning and Zoning is to provide a healthy, pleasant environment for those who live, work, and visit Jefferson County by blending the unique natural and built resources of our community with quality, sustainable development that ensures responsible and sound growth. We are a knowledgeable, respectful, dedicated staff who welcome community based problem solving and public/private cooperation that assists the community in implementing standards which create a positive impact and achieves its ultimate vision.
- Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals Live Webcasts (check schedule)
- Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals Archived Webcasts (check schedule)
- Planning & Zoning Recording Policy
- Proposed Text Amendments to the Subdivision Regulations or the Zoning Ordinance
Approved 2014 Comprehensive Plan Update:
On January 14, 2015 the County Commission approved the Envision Jefferson 2035 Comprehensive Plan and Future Land Use Guide. Copies are available for review in the office of Planning and Zoning and the following libraries: Old Charles Town Library, Bolivar-Harpers Ferry Public Library, South Jefferson Public Library, and Shepherdstown Public Library.