Main Office & Vital Statistics

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


 Nikki Painter, Chief Deputy Clerk


Amanda Kemp, Deputy Clerk


Kaelyn Hoffman, Deputy Clerk



Kevin Carden, Deputy Clerk


Facebook Button      Twitter Button

Credit Cards 2

*A service fee of 2.5% ($2.00 minimum) of the total charge will apply for all credit card transactions.



Services provided in the County Clerk's Main Office:

  • Records Search
  • Recording
  • Vital Statistics Requests (Birth, Marriage, and Death)
  • Free Notary Services

Copy Fees

Pursuant to West Virginia Code 59-1-10:

The copy fee for any writing or document is $1.50 for the first 2 pages.
If the copy of the writing or document contains more than 2 pages, each additional page is $1.00.
This fee is per document.

A 3 page document is $2.50.
A 5 page document is $4.50.
A 10 page document is $9.50.
A 15 page document is $14.50.
The total for all these documents would be $31.00.


Vital Statistics

You may request copies of birth, marriage or death records. As West Virginia is not an open records state, restrictions apply on who may make requests. Birth records become public record after 100 years and death and marriage records are public after 50 years.

General information is provided in a friendly and ready-to-assist manner. If our office cannot provide the information you seek, we will do our best to point you in the right direction. The County Clerk has a staff consisting of 12 professional clerks who are cross-trained to ensure the Clerk’s commitment to providing top-notch service to our community.


Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates

Applying for Marriage License

Acceptable Forms of Identification

To obtain vital records, you are required to submit one or more copies of ID. Any photo on an ID must match the face of the requesting individual.

ID required for obtaining vital statistics records:
  • unexpired or expired state issued driver’s license
  • US or foreign passport, visa, national identity cards issued by US government to foreign nationals
  • employment photo ID issued by the Federal, state or local government, including military or photo ID card from a government-sponsored program (NO business IDs, NO student IDs)
  • major credit card with a photo of the card holder.
If no photo ID is available, you may submit one of the following:
  • major credit card
  • motor vehicle registration card
  • state social services program card
  • current utility bill or pay stub with name and current address
  • signed affidavit attesting to the requesting person's identity by someone who is accompanying the requestor, and who does have an acceptable photo ID, along with a copy of that photo ID


Hunting & Fishing Licenses

As of 1/2/14: The County Clerk's Office no longer issues Hunting & Fishing Licenses. Information can be obtained from the following link.
West Virginia DNR: