Posted October 5, 2022
The Jefferson County Deputy Sheriff Civil Service Commission formally announces open recruitment for the creation of its Eligibility List. The Eligibility List is used by the Sheriff of Jefferson County to make appointment(s) to the position(s) of Deputy Sheriff.
Requirements to be placed on the Eligibility List are as follows:
- Must complete an “Application for Eligibility List”;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen;
- Must be 18-45 years of age (unless applying for reappointment);
- Must successfully pass a physical agility examination;
- Must successfully pass a written examination; and
- Must successfully pass an oral examination.
Submit completed applications to:
c/o Jefferson County Clerk's Office
100 E Washington St
Charles Town WV 25414
or email: JCDSCSC@jeffersoncountywv.org
Public notice is given. Examinations will be scheduled starting two weeks after this dated notice.
Specific examination dates will be scheduled individually with the applicant after receipt of application.
Posted January 27, 2022