Fireworks Returning to Jefferson County in 2023!
July 1, 2023
Sam Michaels Park Gates open at 6:00pm
Jefferson County Commission
Jefferson County Parks and Recreation Commission
City of Ranson
City of Charles Town
Town of Bolivar
This event is offered admission FREE.
Donations are accepted and WELCOME at the gates.
Thank you for your support!
Levitt AMP Shenandoah Junction
Blues Revue Magazine describes the Kelly Bell Band (KBB) as “Among the most genre-expanding acts on today’s blues scene. Who else can combine elements of hip-hop, funk, and blues-electrified here” Originally formed as the back-up band for rock and roll pioneer, Bo Diddley, KBB has been touring the world ever since entertaining fans in Japan, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cuba, Germany and more.
The band has won two prestigious Maryland Music Awards, including “Best Blues Band.” In 2018 they were been nominated for “Music Icon”. KBB has been voted “Best Blues Band” in the Mid Atlantic Region (12 years in a row), and was recently named “Best Band” by Baltimore Style Magazine.
“The Kelly Bell Band is exactly the kind of genre-bending, rule-breaking, and color-smearing group the music scene of 2019 desperately needs. The Kelly Bell Band lives outside of all the lines and freely mixes blues, funk, rock, metal, hip-hop, and more into a compelling fusion of musical styles.” – Mike O’Cull, Rock And Blues Muse
The Levitt AMP Shenandoah Junction Music Series is supported in part by the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, which partners with towns and cities across America to activate underused public spaces through the power of free live music, creating welcoming, inclusive destinations. Presenting a broad array of music genres and cultural programming, Levitt venues and concert sites are community anchors where families, friends and neighbors of all ages and backgrounds come together. Learn more at levitt.org.
Levitt AMP Shenandoah Junction Music Series concerts are FREE to the public every Thursday evening at The AMP at Sam MIchaels Park from June 1-August 3. For more information, please click here!
Food Vendors will be on site!
Papa's Chicken & Ribs
Haulin Butts BBQ
Makua's Shave Ice
BC Catering Company
TRAFFIC CHANGES WILL BE IN PLACE FOR THIS EVENT!
ADDITIONAL TRAFFIC CHANGES AND INFORMATION:
A. Vehicles parked on the west side of Sam Michaels Park MUST TURN LEFT out of the park and head towards Flowing Springs Road after Fireworks.
B. Vehicles parked on the east side of Sam Michaels Park MUST TURN RIGHT out of the park and head towards Shepherdstown Pike (Route 230)
1. Flowing Springs Road at Jefferson High School will not be allowed southbound beyond the southernmost entrance/exit of Jefferson High School.
2. Flowing Spring Road at Daniels Road will not be allowed to turn left to head north on Flowing Springs Road.
3. Flowing Springs Road at Old Country Club Road will not be allowed to turn right to head north on Flowing Springs Road. Northbound traffic on Flowing Springs Road will be directed to turn right onto Old Country Club Road.
4. Flowing Springs Road at Job Corps Road will use both lanes of Job Corps Road to exit Sam Michaels Park with the normal lane for north bound traffic and the opposite lane for south bound traffic. There will be an offer at the Breckenridge North subdivision to assist at that intersection.
5. Shepherdstown Pike (Route 230) will not be allowed northbound in the Norwood subdivision area.
6. Shepherdstown Pike (Route 230) will be delayed south bound below the Reedson railroad crossing.
7. Job Corps Road will use both lanes for traffic exiting the park. Traffic headed north should use the opposite (left) lane and traffic headed south or straight across to Engle Switch should use the normal (right) traffic lane. An officer will be at the intersection with Apple Cross to assist with that intersection.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are dropping people off to the park for the event, you will need to wait until the roads reopen after traffic has been cleared from the park. There will be NO INBOUND access to the park immediately following firework, except for emergency vehicles. THANK YOU!